- text is trapped
- problem with abstraction
- bird would look better in motion w/ tension
- overall seems very static
- too much texture in the water
- white text on black background is difficult to read
- include details about habitat and why it’s endangered
- 3–5 sentences
- habitat loss (inundation of shallow feeding areas as a result of dams, for example), water pollution, and disturbance of nesting colonies
- Arimo, Roboto, Work Sans, Crimson Text, Lora, PT Serif(pick 1–2 typefaces)
- header, sub-header, and body
Listing Status: Endangered
Along the edge of lakes and marshes, Great Egrets wait patiently to catch fish with their dagger-like bill. Listed as endangered, it has become more and more rare to spot one of these elegant creatures wading through the shallow ponds in Pennsylvania. Today, the main reasons these birds are endangered is because of habitat loss and water pollution. As habitat degradation continues, the construction of more dams and buildings result in shallow feeding areas and the destruction of their natural habitat.
For this next iteration, I worked with simplifying the forms. I also added the silhouette of the egret flying in the background. In the foreground, I decreased the size of the grass and increased the size of the floating trash. In order to have more room for the text, I moved all of the background up and also condensed it.
For this final iteration, I tried to simplify some of the features in the composition. I changed the black to a dark blue and I moved the text so that it has more room to breathe. Overall, I wanted the viewer to first notice the elegant bird and the warm tones in the sunset, but then realize the water pollution that is causing destruction to their habitat.